Pages

Thursday 10 July 2014

Holiday reading challenge

Title - Teens at war
Author - Allan Zullo
Type of book - Biography
Activity - Sidekick

There is a boy that is 14 years old. He was a really young soldier. He went to a war when he was 15 years old. He actually had to wait until he is 16 years old but it was his choice.

If it was me I would wait until I'm 16 years old. If  I was 15 years old it would be to young. I would go to the war when I'm 16. So I can get fitter and learn how to shoot better.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Andre

    I really like your book because my Granddads dad we to Egypt to work on the rail way for the war keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andre,
    that book looks interesting to read.
    I agree with you, the age of 14 and 15 is too young, the age of 16 would be old enough to join the war, but if you get shot, you'll be too young to die.
    I really like the way you think. I am also glad to see you enjoying your holiday reading activity. Keep up the good work Andre!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like an interesting book. It's sad to think that people had to make these decisions, I think even 16 is too young. Did you enjoy the book more knowing it was a true story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Kirkpatrick,

      Thank you for the comment.
      I agree that 16 is even still too young.
      I've been enjoying reading the book.

      Andre

      Delete
  5. Hi Andre,
    I really think that you being the main character's sidekick would really improve him and encourage him to wait a little longer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.