Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Thai New Year (Food in my culture)

Thai New Year
My family and I celebrate Thai New Year every year. Thai New Year is called Songkran. We would go to the temple to celebrate Thai New Year, everyone has to bring Thai food to the temple. There would be a lot of Thai food to eat. My family would always bring Sticky Rice and  Som Tam. Some people would bring some spare  clothes.

They bring spare clothes because people would be splashing water on to each other, that’s a way of celebrating Thai New Year. Every time when it’s Thai New Year I would always get wet. After they  played some people would go and get changed and go eat their lunch. Some people leave their wet clothes on so they can play after again.

I would go and eat my breakfast first. For my breakfast I eat Pad Thai. After I eat my breakfast I would go and play. After I play I would go and get changed and go and eat my lunch. For lunch I eat Sum Tam and Sticky Rice. Sum Tam is really spicy and it’s also really yummy. After I eat I would go and have a rest.

After lunch my family and I would pack up to go home. Thai New Year is really fun for me. I go to Thai Temple every year for Thai New Year. Most of the time I would always bring Sum Tam and sticky rice, because it’s one of my favourite foods.

Andre

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully writtn story Andre. Celebrating Thai New Year sounds like alot of fun. When are abouts is Thai New Year celebrated? Is it celebrated at the start of the year?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.